Why CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) Cameras?
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Cameras are the key facilitator of all homes, business areas, educational institutions, and other public places as they provide ultimate security and ensure safety. Today, we come across CCTV monitoring systems and CCTV surveillance equipment in almost all places we visit. With the wide usage of CCTV cameras, the number of CCTV vendors CCTV installers is also considerably increased in India.
Out of other CCTV equipments used by people, CCTV cameras are the maximum preferred equipments by majority. So what makes these CCTV cameras so unique and dependable? Here are some most important benefits of CCTV Camera System.
Benefits of CCTV Cameras
- Compact – CCTV camera and CCTV camera system is a compact package. The sizes of the cameras and the camera system will be small and will be less spacious. These compact CCTV surveillance cameras will not occupy more space in only your house or office now the CCTV cameras can also used in cars!
- Available in Different Sizes & Shapes – There not just one size or shape in which CCTV camera system is available but in various sizes and shapes these cameras are available. There are CCTV surveillance cameras that comes in various sizes and shapes that will not make people realize a CCTV surveillance camera is fixed in the particular area.
- Climate Compatible – CCTV surveillance cameras can be used both in indoor and at outdoor locations. The CCTV camera system is water resistant and also dust resistant so that it can also be used in outdoors like traffic signals, entrance gates, in extreme outdoor areas like amusement parks etc. where the CCTV camera system will prove its durability even in the extreme weather conditions.
- Economical – A CCTV camera system is highly economical and affordable for all.
- User Friendly – The mechanism of CCTV camera system is very much user-friendly and so that everyone can easily handle them (provided they have the access). The CCTV camera system also provides high-end security and privacy options so that not everybody can access the data recorded.
- Keeps a Clear Record – The CCTV cameras are capable of functioning even for 4 days without power supply and maintenance! The CCTV camera system keeps a clear record of the data recorded without any interruptions in the recordings so that the surveillance process becomes easy and simple.
- Control Access to Various Equipments – CCTV camera system has a highly sophisticated control access to a huge number of devices. Not only computers but also through your televisions and mobile phones you can now gain access to the CCTV surveillance cameras.
- For Home Security – CCTV surveillance cameras provides absolute security to the houses when installed in the right places. CCTV cameras for home comes in many forms apart from its classic camera look. There are CCTV cameras available in forms of pen, door locks, bags, flower vases etc.
- For Office/Shops/Malls Security – CCTV cameras not only works good as surveillance cameras but also for other important office purposes like attendance system, customer care support (answering the customers without directly talking to them), and also for the data management purposes.
Types of CCTV Home Security Cameras
- PTZ Cameras: PTZ means pan, tilt and zoom. They are also called speed dome cameras. These are highly sensitive cameras that activate on detecting sound, motion and heat changes. This kind of a CCTV system can be connected to alarm and warning systems to give all round home security. They can be controlled by a remote control, computer software or a joystick.
- IR Cameras: These are infrared cameras, useful for video surveillance in the dark and during the night. Depending on the model you can get crisp and detailed image quality in the dark from these cameras.
- IP Cameras: IP, meaning internet protocol, is used to make the video surveillance available live on internet enabled devices like phones and computers. This is the most useful video surveillance technique as you can keep an eye on your home no matter where you are.
- Weatherproof Cameras: These are sturdy, resistant to weather changes, and usually vandal proof. These are suitable to use on the outside perimeter like the side of the road or the compound wall, where you cannot necessarily check on the camera.
- Wireless Cameras: These can be set up in your home at any time, and reinstalled in a different location as per your need. Being wireless, there is very little installation time or skill required. Wireless cameras are useful security cameras for home as there is no possibility to cut wires and disable the camera.
- Indoor Cameras: These provide video surveillance indoors and are usually of small and inconspicuous make so as to not interfere with the interiors. If your perimeter is not very secure, you could opt to go for some additional indoor cameras too.